Junior Livestock Shows Rules and Regulations
ALL LIVESTOCK SHOWS SPONSORED BY:
- All entry fees must be paid at time entries are made. Please refer to each department for its specific entry information. Total must include show entry fees, stall and./or pen fees, and exhibitor ticket fee. Note - Beef, Breeding Sheep and Swine entries DUE June 30, 2018. Market Lamb entries to be made upon arrival. Please make all checks payable to Moultrie-Douglas County Fair Association.
- Each exhibitor will pay $1O exhibitor fee. Pen/stall, and exhibitor fees must accompany entry.
- Every precaution will be taken for the safety of all exhibitor, their livestock and equipment, but NO RESPONSIBILITY WILLBE ASSUMED BYTHE FAIR ASSOCIATION in case of accidents.
- All animals must be the property of and owned by exhibitor. The superintendent has the right to check ownership papers. Registration papers must be available for inspection. Registration papers required for Purebred Breeding Gilts, Purebred Market Barrows, Purebred Heifers, & Purebred Steers.
- All exhibitors must meet state livestock health provisions as state in this book. Health certificates will be checked at time of check-in.
- Livestock arrival times are noted within each department listing. See Superintendent for penning assignments. Superintendents will release animals within departments at the appropriate time.
- Exhibitors must keep livestock, pens, stalls, and aisle in presentable condition during fair.
- No more than two premiums will be awarded to an exhibitor in any one class.
- Exhibitors are responsible for receiving their premium checks. Checks will not be mailed.
- If cattle are tied outside of barn, all tie-out equipment must be returned and tie-out cleaned before premium check is issued to exhibitor.
- Manure to be placed in designated areas.
- In case of death of animal, carcass removal is the responsibility of owner/exhibitor.
- No generators allowed in barns.
- No dogs allowed in barns.
- Superintendents have the right to reject entries as space allows. Refer to entry deadlines.